Translate

Monday, August 18, 2014

A to Z Survey (6 month update)

So yeah, I did this about six months ago.. I have read a lot of books since then.. So I thought I should do this again.

Author You've Read The Most From:
     Fist time around it was Abbi Glines at 11 books, now it is tied with Jennifer L. Armentrout at also 11 books.

Best Sequel Ever:
     Sheesh.... I honestly can't choose just one. But Rebel Spring is one of the best that I have read recently

Currently Reading:
     Shades of Earth by Beth Revis and White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout.

Drink of Choice While Reading:
     Anything will work.



E-reader or Physical Book:
     Same answer as last time, I prefer physical books, but I own more eBooks. And I tend to only buy physical copies of books that I know I'll love.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
     Well who I am now is a very different person than who I was in high school. In high school I would have gone for the Jace Herondale kind of guy, but now I would totally go for the Simon Lewis kind of guy.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
     Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I held off on reading this book because of all the hype, and I was a little skeptical that a fairy tale retelling of Cinderella as a cyborg mechanic would be as amazing as everyone was saying. (I was wrong. Review here)

Hidden Gem Book:
     Vain by Fisher Amelie
It was just so not what I was expecting. Such a great read. (Review here)

Important Moment in Your Reading Life:
     Reading Harry Potter and The Hobbit. Both of those really opened my eyes to reading. But it was really hard finding the kinds of books I liked reading when I was younger.

Just Finished:
     The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (review here)

Kinds of Books You Won't Read:
     Okay, so this question was worded differently last time. I don't really like BDSM. It kind of creeps me out. While I admit I have read the occasional trashy romance novel.. bdsm is just more than I can handle.

Longest Book You've Read:
     Currently it is City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare. at 725 pages (Review here)



Major Book Hangover Because of:
     Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
If you read it then you'll know what Im talking about.(Review here)

Number of Bookcases You Own:
      Again, last time this was a slightly different question. I have "2" book shelves, but only one has my physical books on it. Its the smaller book shelf. The other shelf has my husband and I's DVD's and his small collection of books.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
    Storm by Brigid Kemmerer. A really great book, (Review here)

Preferred Place to Read:
    Anywhere I am comfortable. I am hoping for a nice window seat sometime in the future when I own a house. I want it to look something like this:



Quote That Inspires You/Gives You All The Feels From a Book That You've Read:
     There are many books with many great quotes. But the one that stuck with me the most, is still the same as last time I did this:
 "Have you ever asked yourself, do monsters make war, or does war make monsters?"
                                -Laini Taylor, Daughter of Smoke & Bone

Reading Regret:
     Spending time and money on books I am not passionate about reading.

Series You Started and Need To Finish (all books are out in series):
     The only series that I started that I would even consider finishing that I have started is The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. I still have only read the first book, I believe there are 20 books in this series.

Three of Your All Time Favourite Books:
     Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy by Laini Taylor
Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
The Lux series by Jennifer L. Armetrout (Whew that was tough)

Unapologetic Fangirl for:
     Cliche Romance stories.

Very Excited for This Release More Than All Others:
     Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas. and Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes


Worst Bookish Habit:
     (See 'R')

X Marks the Spot: Start at the Top Left of Your Shelf and Pick the 27th Book:
     Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Your Latest Book Purchase:
    Lux Beginnings: Obsidian & Onyx, Consequences: Opal & Origin, and Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout

ZZZ-Snatcher Book (last book that kept you up):
     The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

No comments:

Post a Comment