Translate

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pieces For You by Genna Rulon

For You #2
Summary:
"The phoenix hope, can wing her way through the desert skies, 
and still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise.” -Miguel de Cervantes
     Samantha Whitney survived unimaginable tragedy only to discover she had been betrayed by a man who claimed to love her. Shattered, Sam spends months at a safe haven trying to piece herself back together. Ready or not, the time has come for her to return home.
     As Sam struggles to resume a life that no longer feels familiar, she finds unwavering support in an unexpected, familiar face. Confronting Sam’s raw emotions and open wounds head-on, Griffin manages to take two steps forward for every step she retreats. 
     But when Sam is once again threatened, Griffin must decide how far he is willing to go to protect the woman he wants…knowing the cost of her safety is the risk of losing her."

The continuation of the last story is from Sam (Samantha) Whitney.

There was very little lighthearted comedy in this story. Sam comes back from the treatment facility a fractured person. Hunter and Ev take care of her best as they can, but she has to take care of herself as well.

It was tough reading about a character that struggled with what she went through. But she is such a strong character and a fighter. While I expected the romance, it felt awkward and out of place to me. More of how it happened rather than it happening. For me, it came off as a little too forced, and I didn't think it developed naturally. I like both Griffin and Sam, but I didn't really care for how they got together.

The part of the story that dealt with the trial and the threats Sam was getting was more interesting to me than the romance, I found myself skimming the parts that were focused more on the romance. I liked this book, just not as much as I liked the first one. The romance just didn't really do it for me.

1 comment: