Translate

Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Book Blogger Test

(tagged by Jazmen @ ThisGirlReadsAlot)

The rules are simple answer the five questions and tag five other bloggers. I'll be posting my answers below but I'm tagging everyone! Anyone can participate. Drop me a comment and let me know you've done so if you do. I'd love to see your answers

1. What are your top three book pet peeves/hates?

* Insta-love
   It's unrealistic and over used. insta-attraction is way more believable.

* Overly cliche'd character types
   I sometimes enjoy an adorably cliched story, but there are too many books where the highly innocent girl falls for the player bad boy with a heart of gold (that guy doesn't exist in real life btw).
The girl doesn't have to be a innocent flower to be a nice girl.

* The phrase "I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding"
   How do all these people not know when they are holding their breath?
 And they seem to do it a lot, for a while before they "notice". It is an over used dumb phrase.


2.Describe your perfect reading spot.

A large comfy window seat over looking a rainy woodland area,
 or a cozy hammock near a beach.
 

3.Tell us 3 book confessions.

* I downloaded a bunch of free books that I don't plan
on reading, I just got them 'cause they were free.

*  I don't care if the book covers match in a series
just as long as I get the whole series.

* A large part of me doesn't really care about most Classic Literature.
 I feel like I should read at least one, but I kind of don't really want to.


4.When was the last time you cried at a book?

When I read City of Heavenly Fire. That Epilogue, man oh man.

5.How many books are on your bedside table?

I keep my tablet on my bedside table, so anywhere between 50-100

6.What is your favorite snack whilst reading?
.
Anything that won't leave stains on my books.

7.Show us your favorite bookshelf on your bookcase.



8.Write what each book means to you in three words.

Magic. Wonderment. Tears.

9.What is your biggest reading secret?

I don't know that I have any. I am an open book about my books.


I tag everyone. I look forward to your answers.
Now, here's a gif of a cute Otter:


1 comment:

  1. I am so envious that you find the time to answer things like this. I never make the time for questionnaires like this.

    I totally agree with you on the insta-love thing. Drives me crazy. If something must occur instantly let it be attraction or disliking someone. That seems much more realistic to me.

    A hammock sounds lovely to read in, I use to have one but it was not in the shade so I did not to like to read on it.

    Finally I am beyond jealous of your book shelf. I wish I could reach through my computer and grab Cress, I am super anxious to read it.

    ~N

    ReplyDelete