Translate

Monday, June 23, 2014

Smart, Sexy and Secretive by Tammy Falkner

Reed Brothers #2
Emily
     I'm back in New York, ready to start my brand new life with Logan. Things are still up in the air between us, and it has been three months since I've even talked to him. But there's one thing I'm certain of -- I can't live without him.
Logan
     I need her like I need air. But now she's back, and her dad and her ex-boyfriend are conspiring to keep us apart. We can do this, though. Can't we? We can make this work? We have to, because I can't imagine my life without her.

The continuation of Logan and Emily's story. This one was a bit rockier than the first.

Emily is on her way back to New York to attend Julliard, and her father is not happy about it. He still wants her to just be a trophy wife for the husband of his choosing.

But Emily is happy, she gets to follow her dream and get back to Logan. But her father has conditions, one is that she lives where he tells her, and that Trip (such a pretensions name) Emily's Ex stays with her since he's "transferred" to NY to run the branch of the company. Emily isn't happy about that but there's not much she can do about it since her father is also holding Matt's treatment over her head.

There were parts of this book that made me feel that people couldn't be that terrible. A man couldn't really be not only okay but fully willing and insistent on marrying his daughter off like cattle. To better his business and make sure she doesn't "live below her status". But I guess there could be people out there that still think that way.

I will be adding this to my favorite contemporary romance list, as well as one of my favorite New Adult authors. I put her there not only for her very compelling writing, and wonderful characters, but that she gives people the option to read her books with out the descriptive intimate scenes. I have friends who I can't recommend some of the books I read to because they don't like reading those kinds of scenes.

I now must search for the other books in this series so I can see how Matt, Paul, Sam, and Pete's stories unfold. And where Emily and Logan are headed as well.

1 comment:

  1. I just read the first line of this post. I don't want to spoil anything in the first book.

    ~N

    ReplyDelete