Translate

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Crash by Nicole Williams

Crash #1
Summary via Goodreads:
    "Southpointe High is the last place Lucy wanted to wind up her senior year of school. Right up until she stumbles into Jude Ryder, a guy whose name has become its own verb, and synonymous with trouble. He's got a rap sheet that runs longer than a senior thesis, has had his name sighed, shouted, and cursed by more women than Lucy dares to ask, and lives at the local boys home where disturbed seems to be the status quo for the residents. Lucy had a stable at best, quirky at worst, upbringing. She lives for wearing the satin down on her ballet shoes, has her sights set on Juilliard, and has been careful to keep trouble out of her life. Up until now. 
     Jude's everything she needs to stay away from if she wants to separate her past from her future. Staying away, she's about to find out, is the only thing she's incapable of. 
     For Lucy Larson and Jude Ryder, love's about to become the thing that tears them apart."

I really enjoyed this book, even though the books about Bad-boys that like to sleep around falling in love with the nice girl who they are willing to change all their bad habits are for, are a dime a dozen. I have been reading many of these cliche'd love stories, and while I used to mock them, I am finding that a part of me that I like to keep hidden to my close friends absolutely loves them. I am a hopeless romantic at heart.

Even still the cynic in me likes to rear it's snarling face to point out, that I didn't really notice any point in which they fell in love, they just started saying it. I guess that is what makes their relationship believable. Nobody can pinpoint when they fell in love with someone.

Jude and Lucy have the rockiest relationship I have ever read about, but that is a big part of why I like this book so much. While I did admit to loving the cliche'd love stories, at the same time I don't want to read a book that's all kittens and rainbows. It would take away from any substance the story could have. Throwing wrenches in the relationships of fictional characters makes me as a reading believe they are real people and I connect to them.

Now, I was really surprised when I looked into what else this author wrote, I read another one of her books last year, and hated it. This book was a 180 from the other one. I am glad that I didn't know she wrote this before reading it, because I may not have given it a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment