Translate

Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Witch's Betrayal & The Automaton's Treasure by Cassandra Rose Clarke

"You’ve read The Assassin’s Curse. You’ve met Naji. Now go back in time and see Naji in his earlier years, as he seeks a target and ends up clashing with Leila, the river witch."

This story makes me like Naji even more, as we get to see why he was kind of a tool in The Assassin's Curse. After reading that book, I wanted more of this world and more of Naji. That was when the book gods bestowed this novella to me, telling me of its existence. It barely sustains me, and I still want more. Even after reading the other novella. I want to know how he and Ananna  maintain their relationship, if I can call it that, after the events of The Pirates Wish.

While I still want more stories about Naji, this book was really good and I loved seeing more of him.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"A tale exploring Marjani's first steps beyond Qilar when she is dismissed from her home for scandalous behavior.
Marjani's ship is stolen by pirates and, in order to save her own life, she pretends to know the location of great treasure."

I'm sorry to say, that this book was a little boring. Partly because I cared less about Marjani's character. 

Though learning of how she became a pirate would have been more interesting,this book was not about that at all. This book was about the events after she was found trying to court a the Daughter of the king. I would have much rather seen more of how she became a bad-ass pirate.

This novella could have been better, I actually would have preferred another story about Naji, or even one about Ananna and her time as the daughter of a pirate lord aboard her parent's ship. Perhaps there will be more stories from the author like this.

1 comment:

  1. It is disappointed to hear the one about Marjani's character was not that good. I love stories that have a strong and believe female character.

    ReplyDelete