Translate

Monday, January 27, 2014

"Must read" tag

The "Must read" tag is another tag I took from booktubers, since I have no desire to put my face on the interwebz in a video I make blog posts about these. Here we go:


1. Name the main ways you discover books to read. (i.e. youtubers, hype, best of lists, etc.)Show some books that you discovered this way.
        All of the above. And since most of the books I found this way, it would be safe to say that about 80% of my "read" books on Goodreads are part of that list, just too many to name.

2. Do literary awards influence whether you will read a book, or not?
        Not really. Everyone has different tastes in books, so just because a book gets an award doesn't mean that I'd like the book any more, or less.

3. Do you feel pressure to read books that are considered important works of literature?
       Not pressure, but most of the books that are considered "important", are books that were required reading when I was in high school, so I probably already read many of them.

4. Does the average star rating of a book on goodreads influence whether you decide to read a book, or not? 
        Sometimes. If the rating is below 3.5 stars, I look at the top rating/reviews. and if the majority are 1 or 2 stars and the reviews are poor, I generally don't read the book.

5. Show some books that you think are under-hyped, or have low star ratings, but which you enjoyed and would recommend to others!
       Storm by Brigid Kemmerer
       A Demon Made Me Do It by Penelope King
       Pretty In Black by Rae Hachton
       Lonely Souls by Karice Bolton
       The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke
       Reign of Blood by Alexia Purdy
        

6. Show some books on your TBR that have been influenced by either hype, awards or other ways.
        Vicious by V.E. Schwab
        Cinder by Marissa Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment