Translate

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Best Series of 2013

This is a list of the book series I have enjoyed the most this year. I am only using a picture of the first book (If I read it this year) because I'm having issues in getting it look the way I want.
These are in chronological order. I enjoyed these books pretty equally.

1) Falling Kingdoms and Rebel Spring - Morgan Rhodes

Even though I have only read the first two books, because those are the only two currently out, I suspect that this will be one of my favorite series of books of all time. There is so much about this series that I love, I don't even have enough words to get into it. I guess you could just go read my reviews of these books

2) Days of Blood and Starlight - Laini Taylor

I swear Laini Taylor is some kind of magician or something. The way this woman writes and portrays a story and characters is unreal. This is the second book in her Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy, and since I read the first book in late 2012, I had to wait to buy this book, I didn't get around to reading 'til early last year. And I am so excited for the third book I don't even have words for it.

3) Clockwork Princess - Cassandra Clare

This is possibly Cassie Clare's best work. And a fantastic conclusion to The Infernal Devices. Tessa Gray is one of my favorite Heroines. I read the first two books late last year, and I loved everything about this book and the way the tie-ins to The Mortal Instruments worked their way into the story. The epilogue was possibly the greatest teaser gift Cassie Clare could have given to us for the final book in TMI.

4) The Legend trilogy - Marie Lu

This trilogy made me cry so many times. Marie Lu has created possibly one of the best Dystopian worlds out there. What I liked most about her world, is that she told us what was going on in other parts of the world. No other series out there has really done that yet. Legend was a great intro into the world and to the minds of Day and June, two people from completely different worlds that have so much in common, and are equals. Prodigy, damn that book was good. the way it expanded on what happened from the first book and exposed so much more about the situation. Then there was Champion. I don't even know what to say..... Go read my blog post about that one.

5) A Demon Made Me Do It and Fire With Fire - Penelope King

Quite possibly the most under-rated book series I started this year. The third book just came out, and I have yet to get it. My palms are itching to read it. I just don't have any coherent words explain how good these books are and how many people should be reading them.

6) Pretty In Black series - Rae Hachton

This series is also very under-rated. The fourth book doesn't come out for another year. And that makes me very sad inside. These books are written like a symphony. The words flow so beautifully it's just a very gorgeous and lovely story. 


7) Shadow and Bone & Siege and Storm - Leigh Bardugo

This series is just as good as Daughter of Smoke and Bone, in my opinion, and so far  DoSaB is in my top 3 favorite book series ever. From the setting to the characters to the interesting type of magic, to the story itself. This series is so good and with the third book coming out, kind of, soon next year, I just know that this trilogy is going to be one of my favorites ever as well.

8) The Assassin's Curse & The Pirate's Wish - Cassandra Rose Clarke 

This duology really surprised me. And to me, that is the best kind of book. The story in these books was very interesting and so good, I wish it had been longer. There are two short-story/ Novella prequels that I am considering picking up.  I just wish there was more, or at the very least a sequel series that goes with this.

9) The Lux Series - Jennifer L. Armentrout

There is not much I can say that is negative about this series. Sure the second book tried it's hand at a love triangle, but the way it happened made it less annoying. One of the many reasons why I liked this series so much, was that the Katy and Daemon didn't fall into insta-love. They built up to it, there was an obvious attraction in the first book, and admittance to it in the second. I like books that have humor in them as well as interesting plot and characters. I am excited and nervous for the fifth and final book in this series.

10) Sweet Evil & Sweet Peril - Wendy Higgins

With all the books out there about fallen angels, nobody had considered that fallen angels are what demons are. This was a very different take on this genre. Anna and Kaiden are really great characters. They both know what to expect from their situation, even though Anna didn't always know what she was, she adapted very quickly to her purpose, all of the Nephilim are very strong people. Doing what they know they have to do to survive even though it's not something any of them want. Like all the other unfinished series on this list, I am excited and nervous as to how this will end.
*********************************************************************************

OK, so that was my list of book series that I read and loved the most this year. Leave a comment as to what your favorites were. :) And have a great bookish new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment