Translate

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Disarming by Alexia Purdy

Reign of Blood #2
"The world has changed. One must adapt to survive or hold on to the crumbling shards of humanity.
April continues to hold her fragile world together, but the ties that hold her family together are quickly unraveling. Rumors of a massive human underground settlement draw her to the shadows of the city once more in search of other survivors more like her, even with the hybrid vampires opposing her every move. 
The darkness hides secrets along with the continued threat the Feral Vampires create, but a greater evil hides within the city. Something tells April that the humans will be less than welcoming of her, and that's if she can find them before the Vampires do. Joining sides with the enemy might be the only choice she has left."

The sequel to Reign of Blood was in a word,.... under-whelming. If you read my review of the first book, you'll know how much I loved that book. The story for this book and the premise could have been much better. And I thought it was rather lame how April was "bound" or "matched" with another hybrid-vampire when she already was so with Rye.

I did find it interesting that we were able to read the story from more than one POV but the triple perspective was a little sloppy. I'm not entirely sure we needed to read anything from Elijah's pov. I will say that I did like that there was more than one Human-hybrid, and not just April. It wouldn't make sense that there'd only be one in the world.

There were parts that I liked, I didn't hate the book, I was just let down by how there could have been more to everything, even the final battle at the end of the book was a let down, none of it was told from a perspective that really made you feel any of the danger as a reader. I will of course still read the third book, because I am still curious as to what will happen, and if April can get rid of Christian so that she can actually be with Rye. Personally, I don't understand why he's still alive since he is unable to redeem himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment