Translate

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Found by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Crescent Chronicles #3
"Levi might be hot, strong, and have a cool set of wings, but it's not enough to make up for keeping Allie in the dark.
Allie's tired of being left with more questions than answers. She's tired of loving a guy who refuses to level with her. Most of all, she's tired of her life spinning out of control.
Desperate to save Jess no matter the personal cost, Allie has to face the possibility that the only one she can trust is herself."

So, I finally got around to reading the final book in 'The Crescent Chronicles series'. In case I didn't explain it in my other reviews, the series follows a group of Raven/crow shifters and Allison. Levi is the next in line to be the King of the supernatural society, and he chose Allie to be his mate. But when he "proposed" (aka giving her a ring then sleeping with her) he didn't tell her what she was committing to and that's when the shit hits the fan. At the end of the second book Allie's ex, Toby also a possible heir to the throne, kidnapped her best friend, Jess,  with the promise that she wouldn't be harmed so long as Allie leaves Levi and becomes Toby's mate making him King. The book started out pretty good, it had some great momentum, explained why exactly every Petron wanted to jump her bones. She is an 'enchantress', she has the power to choose the next King, but since Levi missed their bond it wasn't a true bond and all the other possible candidates are, pardon my pun, flocking to her. Putting a slight strain on her relationship with Levi, and the rest of the Royal Family.
Allie meets more of Levi's family all while they are making plans to get Jess away from her captors. I go back to my original feeling of wanting to stuff Allie in a barrel, she was really annoying and acted in a very selfish reckless manner in this book. It almost felt like the author was trying to invent substance to some of the characters where there originally wasn't any. Levi's gran is awesome and hilarious I want to be like her when I'm old. Who wouldn't want to be a sassy old lady? As the book got closer to the end the story really started to lull and I started to get bored, and when I get bored reading a book, I start to just skim things. The book ended happily and everyone was safe and fine, that you wanted to be safe and fine. The ending was almost too tied up and happy, but maybe I'm just used to reading books where the authors rip out my heart and drink my tears at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment