Translate

Monday, June 24, 2013

Burn Out

I think I have finally been burnt out on books, for the time being. I had been reading almost non-stop for the past 6-7 months, and now whenever I pick up a new book I just can't get into it at all. I think it came from reading a bunch of really amazing books, and then stumbling into a large handful of some mediocre and fairly terrible books. (don't really want to get into that list)
I was recently lent a book from my roommate, and I have read the first page of the first chapter I think 5 times. I just can't get into it at all. I'm not under the impression that it's a bad book. In fact, it looks like the kind of book that I would like, which leads me to believe that I am burnt out on reading. I have already gone past my initial goal of new books that I wanted to read this year, which was 15 books... I've read 40, not counting the 2 or 3 books that I didn't finish. I'd like to get through my most recent goal of books, so I can raise it again and read even more books. I am grateful for all the fantastic books I have discovered this year from challenging myself to read any amount of new books this year.
Maybe in a couple of months, when I'm in a reading frenzy I will pick up the books I've been reading and finish them but for now.... I guess I'll just have to find something else to occupy my time when Dorian is napping or when I can't sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment