Translate

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Cozy/Wintry Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
And moved to That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
Not really sure what classifies as a "Cozy Read"; So I am just going to choose books with a wintry setting.



Winternight Trilogy by Katherine Arden - Set in the frozen wilderness of Russia, this book eludes cold winter weather. Books one and two, The Bear and the Nightingale, The Girl in the Tower are both great books. Book three, The Winter of the Witch, is set to come out on January 9th.

Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones - I actually don't remember if this book has a wintry setting, or if I just feel like it does because of the title. But this book is beautifully written, even if the romance felt a little off to me. I have yet to read the second book, but I want to.

Harry Potter by JK Rowling - Harry Potter just feels like Christmas to me. Not sure why I associate these books with winter and Christmas, but I do.

The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis - It's a winter, not wonderland, nightmare land? I mean, 100 years of winter makes me wonder as an adult where anyone got food.

Folktales from Ravka by Leigh Bardugo - These stories, more than the main Grisha series just feel like Winter to me. The Witch of Duva has the most wintry vibe. I haven't read it in a while, but still.

A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas - With this book being entirely set during wintertime, and since there are so few books that I read that are, I kind of had to add it.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy by Laini Taylor - I want to re-read this series, it's been a while so I don't remember as much as I'd like, from what I can remember there are parts that are set during winter. This series much like Harry Potter just gives me wintry vibes even if it's not entirely set during winter.

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these picks! So many excellent ones. Harry Potter reminds me of Christmas as well. I always wonder what it is that makes me so strongly associate it with Christmas. Sometimes I wonder if it's just nostalgia and innocence, other times I just wonder if it's the theme of coming together and magic. It feels like home and Christmas.

    ReplyDelete