Translate

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Friday 56 and Book Beginning: Restore Me (Shatter Me, #4) by Tahereh Mafi

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

It's been a minute since I've done one of these. The Great Reading Slump of 2018 is still in full swing. I'd like it to stop, because I want to read books because reality is terrible.



Synopsis:
Juliette Ferrars thought she'd won. She took over Sector 45, was named the new Supreme Commander, and now has Warner by her side. But she's still the girl with the ability to kill with a single touch—and now she's got the whole world in the palm of her hand. When tragedy hits, who will she become? Will she be able to control the power she wields and use it for good?


.
Book Beginning:
Juliette
I do not wake up screaming anymore. I do not feel ill at the sight of blood. I do not flinch before firing a gun.
I will never apologize for surviving.


56%:
Juliette
I'm gone again.
Head spinning.


7 comments:

  1. I like the quotes, but it seems to be a dystopian och SF book, and they are not my favourite genres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been eyeing these books...lovely covers! I try not to read dystopian books...although I did love The Handmaid's Tale.

    Enjoy...and here's mine: “NINE PERFECT STRANGERS”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have Shatter Me on my kindle... omg I need to get on reading it. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this one. Shatter Me is still on my Kindle unread. This week I am spotlighting Those Who Go By Night by Andrew Gaddes - a medieval mystery from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What number in the series if this book? I know the series was pretty popular in my library before I left. I hope this helps get you out of your slump. My Friday Quotes and review

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this series around but haven't read any of them. I love that beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when this series released, but I've still not gotten around to reading it. Hope your slump ends soon!

    ReplyDelete