Translate

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Friday 56 and Book Beginning: Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2) by Leigh Bardugo

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

Synopsis:
When you can't beat the odds, change the game.
   Kaz Brekker and his crew have just pulled off a heist so daring even they didn't think they'd survive. But instead of divvying up a fat reward, they're right back to fighting for their lives. Double-crossed and badly weakened, the crew is low on resources, allies, and hope. As powerful forces from around the world descend on Ketterdam to root out the secrets of the dangerous drug known as jurda parem, old rivals and new enemies emerge to challenge Kaz's cunning and test the team's fragile loyalties. A war will be waged on the city's dark and twisting streets―a battle for revenge and redemption that will decide the fate of the Grisha world.




Book Beginning:
Retvenko
Retvenko leaned against the bar and tucked his nose into his dirty shot glass.

Page 56:
Every alarm inside Inej had sounded in danger. The play was too obvious. Beneath Bajan's charm, his dark eyes, his easy promises, there was fear.

7 comments:

  1. Now I'm curious about the content of the play. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine:
    ”THE THREE BETHS”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started this one but it didn't grab me. I should give it another try. This week I am featuring Lies Sleeping by Ben Aaronovitch - an urban fantasy from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a series I want to read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover has caught my eye a few times but I don't think it is my kind of book. See what book I'm featuring this week at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marie! I've not read this series, but I love the sound of it. I also love how the crown appears at the bottom of the front cover. Here is my Friday post! Hope you're having a lovely weekend! x

    ReplyDelete