Translate

Monday, July 28, 2014

Harry Potter Spells Book Tag

I got this tag from yet again another booktuber, Jessiethereader. I liked the idea, so here I go.


1. Expecto Patronum: A childhood book connected to good memories.

     This one is a little difficult to me since I didn't read a lot as a child. I spent most of my time outside climbing trees and making forts out of mud and planks of wood. But my favorite book I read as a younger person is
The Hobbit by JR Tolkien.

2. Expelliarmus: A book that took you by surprise.
     This was a book that I wasn't sure I was going to like. The author still isn't that well known (and I totally think she should be) and if you follow my blog you may be able to guess what book I'm talking about.
Pretty in Black by by Rae Hachton

3. Prior Incantato: The last book you read.
     This book I think will be many people's answer.
The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima

4. Alohamora: A book that introduced you to a genre you had not considered before.
     Normally I read fantasy, and before last year that was all I read. The idea of reading Contemporary was just not my kind of book. So I avoided the genre like the plague. That is until I read:
Just for Now by Abbi Glines
    All the characters are great and I have so many nice things to say about this book, as well as the other books in the series. I don't know why I didn't include a review for it on my blog though.

5. Riddikulus: A funny book you've read.
     Many of the books I read have comedy in them, I like to read books that have a balance in them, but a book that outright made me laugh was.
Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh

6. Sonorus: A book you think everybody should know about.
     This book is just so good. The characters, the story, everything. It had me in tears in parts, it made me smile in others.
Making Faces by Amy Harmon

7. Obliviate: A book or spoiler you would like to forget having read.
     This one is super easy for me, The first three books of the Fallen series by Laren Kate. 
I tortured myself trough three books where nothing happened. I didn't even bother finishing the series. And I really wish I had never started it.

8. Imperio: A book you had to read for school.
     I read a lot of books for school, most are classics that I won't ever pick up again. But one book that I really enjoyed that I would like to own  is:
To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee

9. Crucio: A book that was painful to read.
     Another easy choice, and yet I read the first two I don't know why I just did:
Born by Tara Brown
There was just something so terrible about this book. There was a pointless love triangle, and the MC was such a pain in the ass. I read the first two and they weren't that great, but I still want to finish the series. Maybe I am hoping that she'll die or something, I really don't know.

10. Avada Kedavra: A book that could kill (interpret as you will).
     I have a number of books that are heavy enough that if I were to drop them from a certain height onto a person it might kill them. Half the books I own someone dies in. But I am going to go with
Dracula by Bram Stoker
That is as literal as I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment