Translate

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Top 12 Favorite Book Quotes

Stealing more post ideas from booktubers. I have seen multiple do this tag, so here I go. These are also in no particular order. Also, I chose more than 5... I couldn't narrow it down any more than that. I was only able to do this few because anymore would have repeating authors and I wanted to have an even number. 5 is too few, and there are quotes that I like from different books for different reasons. Some I found to be thought provoking, some were just funny and a couple were so damned sweet I couldn't help but love them. (They appealed to the sappy person in me.)

"Have you ever asked yourself, do monsters make war, or does war make monsteres?"
     - Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor


“He is beauty, inside and out.
He is the silver lining in a world of darkness.
He is my light.”
     - Prodigy by Marie Lu



 "What kind of monster could possibly hate chocolate?”
   - Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare



"Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it."
   - Divergent by Veronica Roth



“I never really wanted to die. But I followed through anyway. The pain in my heart was excruciating, and death was beautiful.”
   -  Pretty in Black by Rae Hachton



“I missed you every hour. And you know what the worst part was? It caught me completely by surprise. I'd catch myself just walking around to find you, not for any reason, just out of habit, because I'd seen something that I wanted to tell you about or because I wanted to hear your voice. And then I'd realize that you weren't there anymore, and every time, every single time, it was like having the wind knocked out of me. I've risked my life for you. I've walked half the length of Ravka for you, and I'd do it again and again and again just to be with you, just to starve with you and freeze with you and hear you complain about hard cheese every day. So don't tell me why we don't belong together,"
      - Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo




“So my happiness that you're safe is more powerful than any anger. Love is stronger than anger. Love is stronger than hate--stronger than anything. Remember that.”
    - Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes



“I love you. I love you so damn much it consumes me. I don't deserve you, but I'm gonna become the man who does deserve you. I promise you. I'll make you proud of me.”
   - Just for Now by Abbi Glines



“I never thought I could love someone so much, but sometimes never is a distorted perception, because I continuously find myself falling deeper in love with her every day.”
    - Sometimes Never by Cherl McIntyre



“My name is Celaena Sardothien. But it makes no difference if my name's Celaena or Lillian or Bitch, because I'd still beat you, no matter what you call me.”
    - Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas



“Fuck me. God does exist and he sent an angel in a white Mustang to prove it.”
    -  Crash into You by Katie McGarry



“You’re poisonous, toxic, bad for my health. You’re greedy, sly, way too stealth. You hurt me, use me, mistreat and abuse me. But your apologetic eyes, As you tell your lies, Draw me back in, And I forgive every sin. I take you back, Your love is my crack. I’m clearly a masochist, You’re my personal terrorist. My tormentor, My lover, My bully, My friend.”
  - Until You by Penelope Douglas

1 comment:

  1. Such a hard thing to choose, you got some great ones. I love the one from Clockwork Angle.

    ~N

    ReplyDelete